14.4.08

A weekend of Lily of the Valley


My favourite flower has been in abundance this weekend, a wedding called for a bridal bouquet of roses and herbs and stems of the scented wonder. I also bought it in potted form which flew out of the shop - it seems the flower reminds everybody of a mother, favourite aunt or a wedding. Line glass tank vases with moss, and add as many plants as you can afford. Enjoy inside and once over, plant in the garden for next year. I made such a gift for my god-daughter, Lilian, named after my grandmother who loved the flower.
Despite the rain we made it to the RHS garden Harlow Carr, a riot of daffodils and hyacinth brightened what turned out to be a drenching visit. The Hound very sensibly stayed at Mummy's for the day and feasted on Yorkshire pudding.

No comments: