20.8.08

Taupe or not to Taupe? That is the question.

Since visiting New York, I have been mildly obsessed with the colour taupe. It is everywhere in NYC, all very tasteful, and occasionally mixed with a hint of cerise or aqua to keep it edgy. I would really love to paint the walls of the shop in this colour, but worry it would look too dark.
I have polled several people who all say they like the blue, one architect said it reminded him of a fridge which he thought was a good thing in a flower shop. It is for precisely that reason that I want to change the colour, this shop is cold enough in the winter, without the decor suggesting the Arctic. Also, I think a taupe colour might be more flattering to my seriously pale skin tone. Farrow and Ball paint charts are covering the work area, and preventing any of the orders being made. Do people really paint their walls Drab or Dead mouse?

No comments: