8.11.10

Christmas has arrived



It has danced it's way into the shop, dressed in a finery of feathers and silvery tones and blushing a delicate shade of pink.

The promise of dark evenings curled up in front of a log fire, the scent of mulling spices and the never ending "bite size food"

Scarlet will burst through the door a little later, the bright brash ilex berries and the trumpets of amaryllis are always late to the party.

I have always though it a little crass to put Christmas in too early, but then if you read this blog, you will doubtless have worked out I can be the most frightful snob.

If you can't beat them, join them.

There are still a few spots left on our Christmas evenings, come along and learn how you can recreate in the look in the comfort of your own home.

5 comments:

Mrs B said...

Love the window - very tasteful, very you xx

Anonymous said...

oh Simone its beautiful, I am such a perochial villager that I hardly ever cross the A1 unless absolutely necessary and I feel looking at your shop window I really need to make the effort now. Clever, talented, gifted, inspired friend and owner lurcher, the latter makes us the best kind of people lol xx! Madame T-J

Flowerscentsbyamanda said...

The window looks lovely, think i might be finally warming to christmas. I got the most gorgeous bunch of green and red spiky amaryllis this week for my college work.

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

lovely...and perfect since i am sitting by a fire listening to Christmas music....

Mother Hen said...

Whoop, whoop, it has commenced, I adore the look, very sophisticated and so, so right, the shopping is under way xxx