23.11.10

The Winter blues




The last few days have been blue.

1.A wild bridal bouquet that included muscari and a lot of other things. Much much more on this wedding later.

2. A new scarf in the prettiest of blues, from H&M. I went shopping for warm weather clothes, apparently the snow is coming. One scarf and a sparkly headband later....not exactly toasty warm. Do you remember when H&M was called Hennes?

3. Baked apples or emergency pudding. Combine sultanas, flaked almonds, nutmeg, sugar butter and anything else you have a bit left in the bottom of a packet. Core the apples, insert mixture, bake. I think you are supposed to use cookers, but these were Granny Smiths. I am sure i have seen a recipe for them stuffed with marzipan, and a bit of cardamon would be nice.

Later there is a guest blogger, talking of turkeys and marshmallows, she must be American.

8 comments:

Wellies and Vogue said...

baked apples are delicious.. such an easy and seasonal pudding..

Flowerscentsbyamanda said...

Unfortunately I am old enough to remember Hennes. Why do the weather forecasters keep promising us snow how could they! Still we have salt left over from last year so fully prepared. Me and my friend loved the shop, the roses are perfect we will be wearing them on Thursday. x

Anonymous said...

'hennes and mauritz' i believe!

Mrs B said...

Hope you're just referring to the colour and not a mental state xx

benjiboy said...

Blue may be the new black but baked apples will always remind me of school.

Dan said...

Ha, I remember Hennes and making baked apples in school (I'm ashamed to say I haven't made them since!)
Dan
-x-

Becca said...

Those flowers are delicious. I have given up on fluffy scaves since my Halloween scarf (bright orange, £6 tesco, as fluffy as my hair) got everywhere and even a million washes later and a billion lint rolls the fluff won't come off my prada imitation black coat.

Happy Homebird said...

Scarves are great, I have lots. Long stripy Dr Who ones are the best.