Mad dogs and Englishmen
It is hot. Too hot. Last weekend it was too rainy. British weather, no wonder we spend all our time talking about it.
1. A single stem of a bush rose, it clearly has delusions of being a hydrangea.
2. I went to a city, there was a Paperchase.
3. A mad dog
4. Some like it hot.
5. Lunch with a dear friend and a very small person
6. Home cured bacon, not cured in my home, but devoured in it.
7. Homegrown raspberries, so very Tom and Barbara and hello pretty colourway of pale blue and raspberry red.
There was also an unexpected visitor, a rather marvellous evening in India, a dull Grand Prix, Beyonce at Glastonbury that had us all reaching for the stair master, and I turned down a television job. I used the words "not the right vehicle" clearly i need to be slapped.
This might also be the first time we have used a Noel Coward song, I will do it again.
And a very special Bon Voyage to a girl and a boy who are setting off on a romantic adventure.
Did you have fun? Did you survive the heat? Have you had a storm yet? Will we ever talk of anything other than the weather?
Posted by Miss Pickering at 9:30 AM