22.7.11

Party like it's 1999


Wednesday night saw the opening party of the William Cecil. We filled suitcases with hydrangeas and roses, filled urns at the end of the staircases with flowers, dressed tables in the marquee and tweaked the arrangements from the weekend.

Then we actually went to the party, where champagne flowed and deep fried oysters and rare steak were feasted upon.

In all my time in previous careers in food, PR and food PR i have never known a more generous opening party.

A speech was made by the owner, a modern day Mr Darcy, good suit, public school hair, you know the sort of thing. The entire audience fluttered their eyelashes and swooned. Even those with botox.

Every time i see said owner i am carrying a piece of taxidermy.

"I carried a stuffed Impala head"

Quirky.

Then as we strolled down the hill home we called in at The George and had a glass of the good stuff with Mary and Chris.
We find ourselves with another weekend. Marvellous. Do you have plans? The Mother Hen and The Captain are at sea, currently tied up on Dartmouth Town quay, pop down and see hello if you are in the area. The Stamford Hen and her Gentleman husband are off to the High Voltage festival in Victoria Park.

I am doing weddings.....

Do not forget there is a Grand Prix. Where have Ferrari found their form from? Will McLaren pick up the bat phone and call Ron Dennis? I wish they would.

We will be back tomorrow with weddings and other beguiling things.

5 comments:

Mrs Beard said...

We saw these flowers in situ last night at the equally generous 'neighbours of The Cecil' party. They looked splendid, well done.
Which was your favourite room? I liked the room with its very own garden and the one with the bath next to the bed.

The Canadian Scout said...

Hello miss P!
I moved back to Canada mid May. Time to turn over a new leaf I suppose...I just wanted to tell you I have been very homesick for Stamford and the UK and your insight,humour and your fantastic photographs aid me in feeling a little less disconnected from that world and what was once my life there.
I hope the shop isn't running you off your feet! I am still loving the Science corner and all the new additions, you have such wonderful flare! thank you for being a friend when I needed one, Take good care xo becca (the token canadian)

Mother Hen at Sea said...

Divine flowers darling, can't wait to lunch there, assuming we select a day upon which Mr Darcy is present
Rain in Dartmouth but chatter with friends has ensured no damp spirits xxx

Becca said...

I do so heart Mr Darcy. I am house hunting. After spend two years travelling the length of the country on a train, I have a new job!!

Hooray.

Any recommendations for London. Not Islington, Crouch End or Muswell Hill as we've already lived there. Or nice cafes also?

Flowers are GORGEOUS. Happy F1 weekend.

Mrs B said...

Erm, am I really the first to notice?...

Your head was obviously with Mr Darcy at the lake as you seem to have forgotten the foliage in arrangement no. 1....he must be seriously swoonsome to achieve that. A photo if you please.

Looks & sounds like the place to be. Hope your partnership is a long & happy one xx