Cooking for a boy
The differences between men and women are great. The differences between what men like, and what women think they like are even greater....
It's a lot like when magazines do that article on what men fancy. We all think it's the tall very skinny blond wearing a trilby with impossibly long legs and shiny hair, and actually it's the one with the biggest pair of....
and out of all the SATC girls, the one they least fancy is Carrie Bradshaw - she's the one we all want to be.
and you will recall the dilemma of the summer, incidentally they are together, in a romantic way. He sends her flowers, the message is "i am into you" I hope they get married.
So when cooking for a boy, i tend to keep it simple and meat based - unless they are vegetarian, that would be cruel.
Pulled pork, it is the stuff of American blogs, they talk of using pork butt, which i found out is actually just a shoulder joint. Sneaky. This is a hybrid of about 4 recipes, because i didn't have all the ingredients for any 1.
1. In a pestle and mortar grind up chilli, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, clove, garlic, salt and pepper and instant coffee.
2. Rub into the joint and leave overnight in the fridge.
3. Place joint in a roasting tin, add 2 cans of ginger beer, cover with foil.
4. Place in an oven at 150 degrees C for 6 hours.
5. Make sure your oven doesn't have a safety feature that means it switches itself off after 4 hours.....
6. Turn onto suitably chichi platter and pull apart with 2 forks.
7. Place forkfuls into a bap.
A man once said to me that all men really need is sex, meat, beer and sport.
and 3 out of 4 ain't bad.
Posted by Miss Pickering at 12:28 PM