7.9.11

Some fell on stony ground


but i gathered them up and made crumble. Many crumbles as it happens.

Pear and bramble, and then due to the vast quantities of brambles my Grandmother keeps bestowing upon me, peach and bramble.

Eaten hot for supper, and then cold with yoghurt for breakfast.

Thank you so much for all the soup recipes, keep them coming. I love that you all have the same tastes as me, red pepper and sweet potato a common theme. I shall spend the weekend making soup and report back. My food truck is going to sell soup and crumble. Slightly seasonal, but we can use the same packaging.

Also next week we are closing for a few days to have a redecoration and a change around. Properly close, absolutely no way are you allowed in to buy a stuffed owl or a hydrangea plant. It is the only way. Everything is being taken out and it's presence back in the shop justified, and there are new pieces. I shall blog the turmoil.

We are also turning the garden area into a retail space, you will be able to buy vintage garden things and lovely pots. You know, just in time for winter........

7 comments:

Anna Wilson-Patterson said...

I feel mild relief, on behalf of your furniture, that orange and turquoise are not in that colour chart.

Anonymous said...

Autumn + crumble + colour chart of greys = all my favourite things!

{Love, Love, Love} said...

Sounds lovely; looking forward to popping in once the garden is complete :)

JustJaneGrace said...

As to crumbles (or American crisps - I never remember the difference) - Rhubarb Apple Crisp is amazing, especially with walnuts in the crumbly top. Of course life - everything - is just better with butter and brown sugar.

flwrjane said...

We were served a blackberry crumble last week.

With vanilla ice cream. Love.

I'm a v. good soup maker. Shall be your partner in new venture.

xo jane

Mrs Beard said...

Goody! More pots are needed to infuriate Mr Beard when we move house.

I definitely need some of those roses in my life, Saturday visit it is.

Can I be a shareholder in your crumbly soup business? I think it's a winner.

Sue A said...

Will you also be considering roast chickens on spits (like in the french markets, with the roasties at the bottom) on your food truck? It could be a complete Sunday lunch on wheels....