6.3.12

Pink is not the only fruit

This morning one of my customers brought me the Waitrose Mothers Day flower catalogue.

"So that you can see what are they doing" said he.
"How kind" said I

I think he was expecting me to rant about supermarket flowers, he picked the wrong girl.

The main thing that struck me, was the PINKNESS of it all. Everything was pink, everything. I thought this both shortsighted and canny. Not everybody likes a cliche, but it makes buying stock very easy. Also i did a quick stem count and was left a little flabbergasted.

Waitrose know how to charge.

I don't have any photo frames or teddy bears to offer you as an accompaniment to your bouquet, but i can make you something beautiful, wrapped in a map, and could include a piece of coral?

Miss Pickering; catering for the Farrow and Ball mothers..........

5 comments:

Jen said...

Map wrapping is brilliant. Coral too. So fresh, original and pretty.

PhoebeMiller said...

I wrapped Christmas presents in maps. Some thought I had lost the plot...

I will be ordering one for Mummy Irvine. I'm not sure she even likes pink-pink, more of a Dead Salmon kind of woman.

YYZ said...

If I were a mother, I'd absolutely be the Farrow & Ball kind. Despite an inordinate love of pink...

Eloise said...

I agree, yet another year of overpriced, supermarket sugary cliched pinkness. So sad for many deserving Mums....but good news for florists with innovation and a personal service! Education, education, education...

Smoked Trout signing off.

Sarah, Poppy in Pearls said...

wrapped in a map? I swoon!