4.10.11

French Toast


or eggy bread as we call it here.

We had it for breakfast on Sunday morning with figs and agave nectar.

How do you make your mix? Do you sweeten it? Add cream?, milk? Do you go fancy with vanilla and make pain perdu?

Do you bake it or fry it?

I am not a big breakfast eater on weekday mornings, i prefer an extra 10 minutes in bed. I know this is bad, go to work on an egg and all that. I have been reading this blog, Simply Breakfast for ages, but still don't do anything other than grab a Matzo to eat on the drive in.

Quick and simple breakfast suggestions if you please.

Also i had one of those camera in one place, battery charger in another sort of weekends. Photo via Blackberry. Shocking.

8 comments:

Bow Street Flowers said...

Toasted almond butter sandwich with honey Wrap in a napkin and go. Mind the drips.

Bow Street Flowers said...

Toasted almond butter sandwich with honey Wrap in a napkin and go. Mind the drips.

Jen said...

Peanut butter on raisin toast (or
cottage cheese with fruit or granola on top if I have time to sit). Worst case scenario: a peanut butter balance bar.
Always a large mug of coffee.

FlowerGirl26 said...

Liven up a bowl of cornflakes or branflakes with a sprinkling of sultanas. Small glass of OJ on the side. Not only is this quick and easy, but it also counts as 2 of your five a day.

Mrs T-J said...

Poachies on toast, must be 2, practically every day unless I am tucking into a full English. Breakfast is my favourite meal of the whole day as I am always so ready for it.

Those figs look lush! xxx

Joan said...

Will you be ordering the "Simply Breakfast 2012" calendar to inspire you to take breakfast more slowly?

Unknown said...

So glad I'm not the only one that prefers bed to breakfast though I always regret it by 11 :)

Mother Hen said...

Repeat after me, I must always, always find time for breakfast xxx