27.7.10

A country christening



Like a wedding but without buttonholes, or bouquets, or a bride and groom. so nothing like a wedding really, but it was in a marquee.

and there were flowers in the church an urn of delphiniums and hydrangea, and the daintiest sea holly.
I don't have a photograph of this, the whys and wherefores of churches are sometimes beyond me, should an anonymous post appear about working in churches one day.....

There were flowers on the huge gates as well, but the sun was in the wrong place, and they haven't come out well. Damn.

If you are thinking about tying ribbon onto pails, do it before you load up with oasis and fleurs - yes it seems obvious now doesn't it. Also ribbon and metal pail do not like one another you will need a lot of floral tack.

This morning i have finished a funeral, hatches, matches, and dispatches all in the course of 3 days.

Floristry is as much about people skills as it is about floral ones.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ms P

Can I just say how much I love your blog? I check on you regularly and you always brighten my day. The hound is very handsome - I hope he won't get a big head from all the fans!

Thank you.