18.3.11

Edge of desire




We have borage in the shop. It opens out into the prettiest vivid blue flower, but for now it is in bud, just a few flowers open as a tease, the anticipation of what is to come. Just on the edge of desire. Dovetailing.
Stamford has started to blossom, this tree is in a churchyard, by the door, imagine if you were getting married there today, a light gust of wind and you would have the most delicate confetti.

and some buttonholes, destined for somewhere else on the Internets.

It has been a John Mayer sort of day, and i am going to a photo booth to get a new passport photograph. I am resisting the urge to take a fake moustache, signs, and a panama hat.

Today i left my Blackberry at home. I have been without it for 7 hours. I didn't think that was possible.

Also i have made purchase of fancy ham from the Spanish Man. It is far far out of the reach of The Hound.

and oh my goodness, i want to live in this photograph.

x.x.x.

4 comments:

abby jenkins said...

Those little bouquets are precious!!! You have also just inspired me to call my husband to plan a trip to Paris, and download some John M.

HAPPY SPRING!!!!

found and sewn said...

lovely photos. I love your new blog banner too!

Valley Flower Company said...

Ohhhhhh I love Borage!

Florist in the Forest said...

ooohh borage. I am growing it for edible flowers (and Pimms of course) this year but maybe i'll be cutting a little extra for bouquets! How well does it last cut??